Lighthouse Masonry Wins Multiple Contracts Across Mass.
On July 28, 2014
NEW BEDFORD – Lighthouse Masonry Inc. was recently selected as the masonry contractor on following high-profile projects across Massachusetts New England
“The ability of Lighthouse Masonry to keep getting awarded large projects by repeat customers, is a testament to our skilled employees who have the experience to ensure high-quality results and total customer satisfaction,” said Alan Alves, CEO of the New Bedford-based Lighthouse Masonry, one of the largest masonry contractors in New England.
The new projects include:
- Sandy Hook Elementary School– Lighthouse is honored to have been chosen to perform the extensive masonry work contract on this very sensitive project to replace the old school where the unthinkable happened that left our country heartbroken.
- University of Bridgeport Hall– The masonry work by Lighthouse will include construction of concrete masonry unit wall structure and brick veneer.
- UMASS Dartmouth, South Campus College – Lighthouse will construct the CMU walls and veneers of brick, castone , & extensive restoration of existing bldg.
- Athol Middle School – Lighthouse has been selected as the masonry contractor on this new School by general contractor Fontaine Bros. The masonry work by Lighthouse will include construction of CMU walls, Brick veneers, GFRC Cornices and castone.
- Winthrop High School – Lighthouse has been selected as the masonry contractor on this new School by general contractor Gilbane. The masonry work by Lighthouse will include construction of CMU walls, Brick veneers and castone.
- Regis College – The new Maria Hall at Regis College, built by general contractor Suffolk University, will include CMU walls and brick, castone and limestone veneers constructed by Lighthouse.
- Nichols College – Lighthouse will construct the CMU walls and brick and granite veneers for a new academic center at Nichols College in Dudley. The general contractor if F.W. Madigan Company, Inc.
- Greenfield Trial Court – General contractor Whiting Turner has selected Lighthouse to construct the CMU walls and brick-castone, limestone and granite veneers on a new court building in Greenfield.
A family business, Lighthouse employs 140 masons, laborers, welders, mechanics and office personnel. Its portfolio includes CMU structures and masonry veneers for commercial, office, medical, academic and housing uses. A state-certified contractor, Lighthouse’s bond rating for a single project is $15 million and for multiple projects is $45 million.
With extensive experience in both the private and public construction market, Lighthouse is an award-winning corporation, having been recognized for its commitment to the environment by the U.S. Green Building Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.